Doors hinges one of those things that are a really important part of your NY home that you take for granted. Without hinges, doors would be too heavy and hard to open and close. If you are building a new home, planning to remodel an existing residence or simply want to repair hinges that are no longer functioning properly, call us 718 445-9200. We are Armor Locksmith and Security, a NY based door hinges repair install & service company.
Our locally owned organization provides services throughout the Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Manhattan and NYC metropolitan areas. When it comes to door hinges, we are the experts, promising quality workmanship and affordable prices. Here are more details that will explain our door hinges repair install & service.
* Full mortise hinge. As a common hinge used in the United States, a full mortise hinge measures about 4.5 inches by 4.5 inches. It is made of two plates connected by a central pin and constructed from architectural grade material.
* Butt hinge. These common, durable hinges work on interior and exterior doors. You probably see them all the time. They are simply the two rectangular pieces of metal that are connected by a pin between them. One side of the hinge is screwed to the door, and the other is connected to the frame.
* Pivot hinge. By connecting to the top and bottom of a door, the pivot hinge lets a door open inward or outward easily. These hinges force the door closed when it is not in use and are available in multiple grades.
* Concealed hinges. As the name implies, these hinges are not seen when a door is shut. These stainless steel hinges allow a door to be opened to a maximum of 180 degrees.
* Half mortise hinge. Similar to the full mortise hinge, this hinge is basically half the width on each plate. Various weight bearing levels are available as well as materials, sizes and gauges.
* Spring hinge. Usually two spring hinges are needed per door so that each hinge can force the door in opposite directions, forcing it to close.
* European hinges. These hinges are typically used for cabinets. By mounting the hinge component of the mechanism to the door and the plate to the cabinet itself, this hinge plays an important role in securing such units.
* Piano hinge. As its name implies, these hinges are typically used on pianos as one continuous strip. Since these hinges cover the entire length of a door, they are very strong and secure.
* Continuous hinge. These hinges are great to eliminate alignment problems and can be used for folding tables, chests and tool sheds. Lengths can be custom ordered.
For more information about any of these hinges, call us 718 445-9200. We service NY residential and commercial customers in Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Manhattan and NYC.
Our professionals provide excellent customer service, high quality hinge products and affordable prices. For reliable door hinges repair install & service in the Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Manhattan and NYC areas, call us 718 445-9200. We are your NY hinge experts.